Because the Network as a Service (NaaS) operating model can provide the tools to gain insights into application performance and user experience, it has gained considerable interest in the industry. Market research firm Markets and Markets has determined that the global NaaS market is expected to grow at a 29.4% compound annual growth rate to $39.5 billion by 2026. That anticipated growth “can be attributed to the accelerated adoption of cloud services among large and small enterprises, increase in the development of data center infrastructures, and increased SDN integrations with existing enterprise networks.”
A robust NaaS solution encompasses advanced technologies, tools and architectures that enable modern network optimization techniques. By transforming your legacy network with a cloud-native, application programming interface (API)-enabled architecture, a NaaS model becomes the dynamic backbone to support your entire IT portfolio and organization. This empowers you to optimize network performance and deliver myriad benefits to your applications, customers and employees, including:
- Enhanced performance: Bolstered by machine learning and automation, a modern NaaS can automatically optimize network path and content caching to shrink application load times. This further allows greater data-driven decision-making to better manage infrastructure costs.
- Increased scalability and elasticity: The cloud-native, as-a-service architecture can dynamically adapt to the changing demands and resource requirements of multi-cloud, multi-region applications and users.
- More efficiency: Software-defined wide-area network technology can automatically determine the most efficient way to route network traffic.
- Faster, more frequent deployments: The API-centric as-a-service model extends to how you deliver applications and services to your end users, whether your customers, partners, employees or other stakeholders. You can spend less time installing and more time deploying workloads when and where they're needed.
- Complete visibility: Centralized management tools bring 360-degree visibility and monitoring to distributed applications, infrastructure and users. This ensures your team and network can respond rapidly to changing conditions and needs.
- Consistent experiences: Replace disjointed user experiences caused by legacy networking with a consistent, elegant user interface across multiple clouds, multiple regions and an evolving hybrid workforce.
Learn more about how Verizon's network optimization and application enablement can boost performance and productivity.
The author of this content is a paid contributor for Verizon.