It is critical for hospitals to pay attention to quality measures and take proactive steps to assess their performance in these three aforementioned areas.
Key potential advantages of deploying quality measures in healthcare include:
- Keeping patients safe and ensuring everyone receives the optimal level of care and the best possible chance of a successful outcome
- Holding healthcare providers and insurers to higher standards, quickly identifying any areas of concern and preventing issues from going unnoticed
- Driving improvement by locating problem areas and providing clear direction on where and how to make positive changes
- Seeing the bigger picture, gaining visibility into inequalities and differences between various healthcare providers in different parts of the country
- Using budgets more efficiently by identifying and eliminating unnecessary processes and avoiding expensive mistakes
These examples of quality measures in healthcare can also help avoid waste of medical equipment supplies, time and energy, and can help medical institutions to achieve greater efficiency, reduce healthcare costs and ensure high-quality patient outcomes.