The Verizon Response Team (VRT) supports our customers, the community and Local/State/Federal agencies across the country in good times and bad. Utilizing an all Hazards Approach, during a crisis, we deploy devices and network assets to first responders not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because it’s our responsibility to keep our communities connected. We fulfill our duty, so you can fulfill yours. Whether it's hurricanes, wildfires, tornados, derechos, pandemics, or large planned events, the Verizon Response Team is always on, and always ready. The team is available 24/7/365 to support public sector agencies and can be reached at 800-981-9558.
We’re here to provide you with the support you need to help increase situational awareness, make decisions, and respond effectively during an event. The VRT is ready to support first responders, government agencies, non-profit organizations and the community to help them stay connected during emergencies. The VRT is also available to help public sector agencies prepare for future events, and provide recommendations for disaster response improvements.
VRT Hotline: 800-981-9558
When there is an emergency, the Verizon Response Team is available 24x7x365 to provide emergency assistance to government agencies, emergency responders, non-profits and communities.
Verizon’s Crisis Response Team in Action
Enabling Critical Communications in Times of Crisis
Service Support Model
Our highly-trained VRT is committed to deliver superior service 24x7x365 to assist our customers during emergency situations.
We continue to refine our response and recovery capabilities due to the increasing variety of services we provide and the ever-changing level of potential threats. Whether it’s enabling mission-critical communications, solving complex network challenges, or providing recovery assets for public safety agencies, the Verizon Response Team is continually here to help.
- Network designed for redundancy and backup power
- Buildings designed for all hazards
- Joint training with Public Sector agencies
- Response readiness customer engagements
- First Responder and Public Sector support
- Trained emergency operation center integration
- Wireless network asset deployment
- Mission critical device/solution deployment
- Public Safety communications support
- Evacuation & shelter support
- Wireless charging and internet station deployment
- Community support
- Network and building risk assessments and mediation
- Predictive analytics, Machine Learning, and AI analytics
- Post-event debrief with emergency management
- Outreach, collaboration, partnership with Public Safety agencies
450 engagements across 50 states plus Washington, DC.
- VRT provided services and support across 40 states and the District of Columbia, activating for the first time.
- 450 engagements and deployed more than 2,600 devices.
- Assisting with enhancing or creating communications for COVID-19 hospitals, testing sites, PPE distribution centers, and contact tracing field offices serving federal, state, county, municipal and DoD agencies.
- National Vaccination Center Support
- Engagements: 123
- Deployments: 74
- Devices Loaned: 693
- States: 24
- Engagements: 123
Responded to more than 100 wildfires events in 11 states.
Supporting the most active Atlantic hurricane season to date.
Verizon Response Team: Official Fact Sheet
Learn about the Verizon Response Team (VRT) in this official fact sheet. Discover how VRT works with local emergency officials and helps you stay connected.Learn more
Emergency Resource Center
The Verizon Response Team (VRT) stands at the ready 24/7 365 days a year to support first responders.View news
How public safety systems support natural disaster recovery
Sometimes it can feel like the news is constantly reporting a new earthquake, hurricane or large fire—not to mention man-made disasters like cyber attacks. When disaster strikes, will public safety systems be ready?Discover now
Real time crime centers may improve with the help of 5G
Learn how 5G could play a role in innovating the future of emergency response.
Verizon Response Team: Network Resource Request
Learn how to request a network resource from Verizon Response Team during an emergency. Be prepared to answer the questions listed in this official fact sheet.Request now
Verizon and Samsung:
Work Reimagined for First Responders
VRT will be providing coverage, assets, devices, etc. to help run their simulated exercises.
Date: June 12-18
- Fort McCoy, WI 54656
- Volk Field 100 Independence Dr, Camp Douglas, WI 54618
National Sheriff's Association (NSA)The NSA Annual Conference and Exhibition is one of the largest of its kind and displays products and equipment relevant to every facet of police work, jails, prisoner transport, and courtroom security.
Date: June 22-24
Location: Phoenix, AZRegister now
Live from Lake Nona
First Response: Technology in Public Safety
Hear Cory Davis speak at the first Verizon: Lake Nona event series.
Held on May 12, 2021
Director, Public Safety Strategy & Crisis Response at Verizon