Verizon Business EVPL is a point-to-point service, similar to frame relay. Examples of typical applications well suited for Verizon Business EVPL are Internet access, IP-VPN access, data center hub-and-spoke networks, and aggregating Ethernet traffic.
- Scalability. Port speeds ranging from 10Mbps to 1000Mbps (GigE) offer scalability, as agencies can tailor speed to requirements and grow as necessary.
- No Protocol Conversion. Native Ethernet handoff for minimal custom training/CPE (no protocol conversion required).
- Any-to-Any switching. supports numerous sites and configurations.
- Security. Unique VLANs assigned per customer provides security by segmenting customer's traffic over the shared network.
- Monitoring. Full-service monitoring (24x7) to the network interface device on customer premises.
- Point-to-Point Connectivity. Customers can connect numerous sites by using multiple point-to-point Ethernet virtual connections (EVCs), just as they do with frame relay and ATM services today.
- Granular Bandwidth. Customers can obtain the exact amount of bandwidth they need in each class of service for a given EVC, using the options listed below.
- Low speed: 1 to 9 Mbps, in 1 Mbps steps
- Medium speed: 10 to 90 Mbps, in 10 Mbps steps
- High speed: 100 to 1000 Mbps, in 100 Mbps steps
- Multiple Classes of Service. Support for more than one class of service per EVC greatly simplifies the customer router configuration and provides a streamlined solution for enterprise applications and customer access to IP-VPN services. EVPL service offers customers three class of service options, described below. Customers can order any combination of these classes of service on a given EVC.
- EVPL-Real Time (EVPL-RT) is designed for packet voice, video, and other customer applications requiring minimal levels of frame delay, frame jitter, and and the highest levels of frame delivery performance.
- EVPL-Priority Data (EVPL-PD) is designed for customer dlata applications requiring less stringent frame delivery performance, with looser requirements for frame delay.
- EVPL-Basic (EVPL-B) is designed for customer data applications that require require standard levels of performance, and where cost per megabit per second is the key requirement.
Services are not available in all areas. Please consult your Verizon Business representative for service availability and complete details.