You can use the Power, Ethernet, Broadband, and Internet lights on the front panel of the Verizon 9100VM router to help diagnose a connection issue with your router. Follow the steps below to diagnose and test the possible solutions for any connectivity issues you are experiencing.
1. Has your Verizon Fios line been activated?
Verizon Fios service is not available until Verizon Online activates your line. You will receive notification from Verizon when your service has been activated.
2. If you're using only one computer, restarting your computer can help you re-establish a new connection.
3. Use the power switch to turn the power off on your Verizon 9100VM router, wait 15 seconds, and then turn it back on. Wait an additional 45 seconds so the router resynchronizes with the server and then try connecting to the Internet. This will fix most router connection issues.
4. Is the Power light illuminated?
Light is green: The Verizon 9100VM router power is on. Go to Step 5.
Light is flashing green: A connection has been established to Verizon and IP traffic is passing through the Verizon 9100VM router. Continue with Step 8.
Light is off or red: The connection to Verizon failed.
8. Disconnect all networked computers and restart the main computer. Reconnect the other computers one-by-one to locate the problem. If you have completed all the diagnostic steps and still can't connect to the Internet, please contact the Verizon Fiber Solutions Center.
Power Light is off
Verify that the power switch is in the on position.
If the Power light is still not green, verify the connection between the power cord and the back of the router.
Ensure that the other end of the power cord is securely connected to the electrical outlet.
If the Power light is now green, continue with Troubleshooting Step
Verify that the RJ-11 phone cable is connected securely to the wall jack.
Confirm that the other end of the RJ-11 phone cable is connected securely to the VDSL2 port on the rear panel of the Verizon 9100VM router.
If the light is still off, verify that a microfilter is installed between all telephone equipment and the telephone line. The Line side of the microfilter should be connected to the telephone line, while the Phone side of the filter should be connected to the telephone equipment.
If the light is still off, verify that the router is connected to the telephone line without a microfilter.
If the Broadband light is now green or flashing green, continue with Troubleshooting Step 7.