Your use of the Ring Alarm Security Kit with Verizon LTE hardware (“Kit") and Security by Ring service ("Service"), and related software and applications, is subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"). These TOS form a legally binding agreement between you and Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless ("Verizon", "we" or "us"). By using or purchasing the Service, you accept these TOS, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes to the TOS, you're agreeing to accept those changes. We may also limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue your use of or access to the Service or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice. By using the Service, you agree that you are 18 or older, or your parent or guardian has consented to these TOS. Here are some other important things we want you to know about the Service.
- THE KIT AND SERVICE. Verizon is collaborating with Ring LLC and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Ring”) to enable you to purchase the Kit through Verizon sales channels, subscribe to the Service and pay for the Service on your monthly Verizon bill. The Kit, which is designed for easy installation by customers, includes one Base Station with Verizon LTE backup (in case Wi-Fi connectivity is lost), one Keypad, one Motion Sensor, three Contact Sensors for doors and/or windows, and one Z-Wave Range Extender. The Service includes 24/7 professional monitoring services and 60-day cloud storage for videos recorded by Ring cameras at the same location. Note, a Ring camera is not included in the Kit, but one may be purchased at additional cost solely through Ring and/or its third-party vendors.
The Service is not available for incoming calls from restricted or unlisted numbers. The full Service requires Verizon's 4G LTE network; limited features of the Service may be available if you are roaming on a VoLTE network outside of Verizon's 4G coverage area. The Service utilizes analytics and databases that are continually evolving, including spam reporting by customers. The Service may not work with some of our other services like Number Share or eSIM lines.
Your relationship with Ring covers any issues pertaining to the hardware components of the Kit, the functioning of the Kit itself and the Service itself, and the Ring App (defined below) and are governed by the Ring Terms of Service, which are set forth at https://store.ring.com/terms (“Ring Terms”). By using or purchasing the Kit, Service, and/or Ring App (collectively “Ring Offerings”) you agree to the Ring Terms. The Ring Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Ring.
- PURCHASE AND ACTIVATION. Customers purchase the Kit through Verizon channels and are required to select the Service price plan (which include Verizon LTE backup) as part of the Verizon checkout flow. Once unboxed at the customer’s home, the Kit is to be set up by the customer, using the existing Ring – Always Home mobile application (“Ring App”), which is available for installation from the Apple® App Store® or the Google PlayTM Store. The customer then connects the Kit to the Service over his/her Wi-Fi network, and the Verizon LTE Network is used as an emergency backup in the event the Wi-Fi connection is lost. Customers provide their address and emergency contact information for the Service to Ring through the Ring – Always Home mobile application.
- ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS. The Service price plan is currently available only to postpaid Verizon Wireless customers. To use the Service, customers must have a working Wi-Fi network at the registered address that they provide to Ring, as well as always-on broadband internet access with bandwidth sufficient to support the functioning of the Kit and the Service. More information on these service requirements are provided in the Ring Terms.
- PRIVACY & SECURITY. Ring’s Privacy Notice is available at https://shop.ring.com/pages/privacy-notice (“Ring Privacy Notice”) and explains Ring’s policies with respect to the types of personal information it obtains about users of the Service, how it may use such personal information, with whom it may be shared, and the choices available regarding Ring’s use of such personal information. It is incorporated by reference into the Ring Terms, and by purchasing or using the Ring Offerings, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your information be shared as set forth in that Policy. Verizon will not have access to any information with respect to your actual use of the Service.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. AS BETWEEN YOU AND VERIZON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, OTHER THAN BILLING FOR THE SERVICE AND THE LTE BACKUP CAPABILITY, VERIZON DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE ITSELF, AND THAT THE RING TERMS CONTROL WITH RESPECT TO THE RING OFFERINGS. THE RING OFFERINGS ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU USE THE RING OFFERINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES MAKE NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULLNESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, INTEROPERABILITY, OR THAT THE RING OFFERINGS WILL BE UNINTERRUPED, VIRUS FREE, OR COMPATIBLE OR THAT THE RING OFFERINGS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AT ALL.
Updated September 2020